Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Teionnah in Japan


 During my time abroad I have been staying in the city of Nagoya. One of the most famous places in this city and the Nagoya Castle that I got to go to it multiple times and sometimes for free during the holiday season. I have always been a fan of these types of places and I generally take any chance to see these beautiful castles. Japan has many beautiful places too and for me, as an international student, it has been pretty easy to get around even though I'm a beginner at Japanese. If you don't know the language like me a lot of the places had provided me with English-speaking menus and on the trains, they have the English meaning on them to make things simpler. But if you go to certain places in Kyoto it was a bit harder for me since I had to rely on using gestures or pointing at pictures and using random Japanese words. Having to do this all the time was a bit frustrating and hard for me to get used to because communication was hard, but once I started to live with her for a while and started to understand how things worked more, with getting a better grip on the language. Everything started to feel more rewarding, even seeing the sights I enjoy because I could understand the language and the culture more the longer I've been here.




No comments:

Post a Comment