Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Olivia and Khaleesi in Rome!

Hello! My name is Khaleesi and my human and I are visiting Rome for a month this summer! My friend Regi is also here with his human. He and I battled in gladiatorial combat at the Colosseum last week. It was epic.

My friend Regi and me, with our humans Olivia and Marissa.

Our epic Colosseum battle.

MY favorite part of the trip is flying over St. Peter's Square at night and seeing all of the pretty lights, but Olivia (that's my human) likes seeing all the places where people like Julius Caesar and Romulus used to live. She was also really excited to discover that she can buy her entire breakfast plus coffee for only 2 euro!

Regi and me in the Forum.

Sometimes, when we go to museums, we play Guess Which God with the mythological  artwork, and I help her try to translate all of the Latin. We're also learning lots of Italian words! Sometimes we can order coffee or gelato without speaking English at all.

Surveying the Colosseum

Two weekends ago, we visited Pompeii, but it was really rainy so Olivia kept my wings nice and dry in her jacket. She was a little scared that Mount Vesuvius would erupt while we were there, but I promised I would carry her to safety. We saw so much cool stuff!

Staying warm and dry in Pompeii.

This week, we're going to tour the Vatican and the Vatican Museums, and then on Saturday we'll get back on the big metal dragon to fly home (I may be strong, but I'm not strong enough to carry a human across the entire Atlantic).

Ciao!
Khaleesi
Lloyd International Honors College Draconian International Representative
 
Olivia Wood
UNCG in Rome
Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment