Monday, March 10, 2014

 
I came into this semester with few expectations. I knew I had fun classes about Korean history and the intensive Korean class from hell. But other than that I didn’t now how I was going make over the mountain(the hill that is between my dorm and the main campus) every day, multiple times. I also didn’t know how I was going to make friends, Korean and exchange students alike.
Camille dressed in hanbok
g-dragon learns Korean

All you can eat barbeque

 
But this week has proven to be better than I expected. The mountain is conquerable! And I will have wonderful legs by the end of the semester. The communal lounge is full of life here. At lunch ajummas, older Korean ladies, sit with me. We may not be able to talk but it’s fun to just sit with someone and exchange Ahnnyeonghasyeos. 
 
 
 
 
 
Around campus
Going into Sinchon is fun! It is so different than back home in Creedmoor. I have rarely seen so many people at once! The sounds of stores calling out specials and pounding Kpop are not so strange now. I have managed to try lots of street food and eat more Korean food that I thought possible. Spicy food has no effect on me now, or even less than before. I plan on exploring other districts soon. I will conquer the subway, eventually.
 
Camille Knudsen
Yonsei University
South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment