Monday, October 23, 2017

Dean Ali in Paris!

Salut!

So, I have the pleasure of going to Paris several times a year as Inspector for History-Geography--a special appointment and honor by the French Ministry of Education. I provide pedagogical direction and historical expertise to over 100 teachers from around the world--including the U.S., France, Guyana, Canada, Ireland, Monaco, South Africa, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, and China. 

It's my great honor to serve in this capacity as Monsieur l'Inspecteur ... An official designation to which I naturally respond Mais oui!' (I happen to speak French fluently, having spent nearly five years in North Africa and then studying at a Lycée Français).

On this last trip I brought Baby Lloyd with me and snapped a few photos in the Jardin du Luxembourg, next to where my meetings take place. What a beautiful public park! People sitting or strolling, taking in the gorgeous gardens ... and the ever-glorious sun. While I'm usually only in Paris for a few days, I always make sure to walk, and walk, and walk, and walk, and walk ...

With Baby Lloyd in the Jardin du Luxembourg
Baby Lloyd says "Bonjour!" from the Jardin du Luxembourg

Baby Lloyd on a boulevard

Paris is like no other city in the world (but then again, no city is like any other in the world). Here are some photos during my meetings and--more aesthetically interesting--from my Saturday evening stroll through the city ... overlooking the Seine, a view of Notre Dame while crossing over the river, a statue of Thomas Jefferson (who served as U.S. Ambassador to France on the eve of the Revolution), a view of La Tour Eiffel as the leaves begin to turn, and a selfie as I return to Greensboro, home sweet home ... 

French Ministry of Education meeting

Overlooking the Seine

Notre Dame at night


U.S. Ambassador to France, Thomas Jefferson
La Tour Eiffel in the autumn



Homeward Bound

Thank you for letting me share this otherwise Honors student space ... and I look forward to seeing you on our beautiful (no, stunning) UNCG campus and city.

Omar (a.k.a. Monsieur L'Inspecteur)
Dean, Lloyd International Honors College

1 comment:

  1. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete